BayCISS is seeking a qualified Counsellor & Family Violence Specialist with clinical experience to join their team! This role will work with vulnerable families within the DHHS funded Integrated Family Services program as well as contributing to the development of services and resources for people impacted by Family Violence.
BayCISS is a small not for profit community organisation assisting members of the community with information, referrals and support services, including counselling and casework. In particular, we work to support people in the community who are vulnerable, facing or experiencing financial hardship or social distress.
Reporting to the Senior Counsellor, this role is responsible for relationships, family and couple counselling and also aims to support clients to develop new skills and learning which benefit the broader community. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development of initiatives to support community members living with or recovering from domestic violence within the Kingston and Bayside areas.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- relevant tertiary qualification in Family Therapy, Psychology or Social Work or a related area and be eligible for membership of the relevant professional body;
- prior experience providing therapeutic counselling to vulnerable families;
- knowledge of and experienced in Family Violence support work;
- an ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- an understanding of the sector;
- an established network is highly desirable although not essential
This role is:
- part time for 2.5 days per week
- 12 month contract to cover leave
- paid fortnightly in accordance with SCHADS award
- salary packaging is available
If you would like to join our team, forward your CV today via email : email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 12 July 2019