BayCISS is seeking a qualified Family Counsellor with clinical experience to join their team! This role will work with vulnerable families within the DHHS funded Integrated Family Services program contributing to the Bayside Peninsula Family Services Alliance.
BayCISS is a small not for profit community organisation assisting members of the community with information, referrals and support services, including counselling and casework. In particular, we work to support people in the community who are vulnerable, facing or experiencing financial hardship or social distress.
Reporting to the Senior Counsellor, this role is responsible for relationships, family and couple counselling and also aims to support clients to develop new skills and learning which benefit the broader community.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- relevant tertiary qualification in Family Therapy, Psychology or Social Work or a related area and be eligible for membership of the relevant professional body;
- prior experience providing therapeutic counselling to vulnerable families;
- an ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- an understanding of the sector;
- completion of Tuning In To Kids Facilitator training and an established network is highly desirable although not essential
This role is:
- part time for 18.5 hours per week
- 12 month contract to cover leave to August 2020
- paid fortnightly in accordance with SCHADS award
- salary packaging is available
If you would like to join our team, forward your CV today via email : email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Friday 30 August 2019