Bayside Community Information & Support Service Inc. (BayCISS) is seeking an experienced and energetic person with strong leadership skills to lead the organisation in its ongoing development and service to the local community.
BayCISS is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, providing services and support to the Bayside and Kingston Communities for more than 40 years.
Our Manager will lead a team consisting of paid and non-paid staff, who all work varying time fractions. With ten paid employees and up to fifty volunteers operating over two sites and providing a range of support services, the successful applicant must demonstrate strong leadership and vision, manage a complex range of programs, possess strong personal and people skills, establish, and maintain essential network connections, and work within the community to build the BayCISS brand.
It is the expectation of our Manager to think of the bigger picture as well as focusing on daily operations, tasks, and responsibilities. Managing activities and responding to community demand and need, setting priorities in line with our ethos; reviewing systems, policies, and procedures; and providing a positive and supportive work environment are all crucial aspects to this role.
The position reports to a Committee of Management and is offered as a full-time position based predominantly at Hampton East. Salary packaging is also available.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, refer to the position description and Key Selection Criteria (KSC).
To be considered for this role, please forward your cover letter, current resume, and response to:
Applications are now open and will close at 5pm Friday 25 February 2022.
To be considered for this position you must respond to the Key Selection Criteria:
• Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and work with staff, volunteers, and service users across all aspects of the organisation in a positive, supportive, and motivational manner
• Demonstrated ability to form strong working relationships with the Committee of Management and all other key stakeholders and associated organisations, including State Government Departments and Local Councils
• Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a Not-For-Profit or similar organisation, including administration, reporting, record keeping and financial accountability
• Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of BayCISS
• Demonstrated ability to develop personal and professional knowledge in line with organisational needs to lead and source learning for all staff and volunteers as required
• Demonstrated excellent communications both verbal and written, with personal skills and experience in successful promotion of an organisation within a local community
• Demonstrated strategic planning, review, and implementation