In a pandemic, self-isolation is called quarantine. In Buddhism we call it a retreat! (Lama Willa Miller)
Let’s try to make the most of our retreat time by reconnecting with our families, growing some veggies, learning how to square dance, practice yoga, read all those books you’ve been saving, binge on Netflix, cook up a storm or simply take time for yourself.
From today, Monday 30 March, we will commence phone supports through all of our programs. We will be here for you when you need us!
- Emergency Relief program can be accessed by phoning 9555 9910 between 10am and 2pm each weekday
- Our Caseworker will be available through phone appointments. If you need to speak with her, let us know and we can make sure she gets your message
- Our Family Counsellors will also be available through phone appointments. If you need to speak with them, have missed a call or would like to leave a message, give us a call and we will make sure they get your message
- Our No Interest Loan Scheme can still be accessed through phone consultations. If you would like to find out more about this fabulous program, give us a call and our wonderful volunteer will follow up to answer all your questions – and hopefully get you the loan you need
- Our Legal Advice program will continue with phone consultations. April appointments are now available so please give us a call
- Our Budget and Bill Assistance program will continue through our phone supports
We will assist you in whichever way we can – given the circumstances, so please give us a call to have a chat on 9555 9910. If you can’t get through, keep trying or leave a message and we will respond to your request as soon as we can.