Tax Help is a network of ATO trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online. You will need a myGov account linked to the ATO. A support worker can assist you to set up your account.
Tax Help operates from Hampton East site from August to October each year.
You are eligible if:
- your income does not exceed $60,000
- you do not work as a contractor
- you do not run a business
- you do not have partnership or trust matters
- you do not sell shares or an investment property
- you do not own a rental property
- you do not have capital gains tax
- you do not receive royalties
- you do not receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund;
- or you do not receive foreign income