BayCISS offers counselling to adults who feel overwhelmed by life challenges or family relationship concerns.
Our professionally qualified and experienced counsellors assist people to clarify their concerns, gain a deeper understanding of themselves and help them to find ways to manage their circumstances.Download our Counselling Brochure
Presenting issues often addressed through counselling are:
- Parenting including understanding child’s behaviour & development
- Pregnancy and post-natal worries
- Separation & divorce
- Family and relationship concerns
- Communication breakdown
- Stress management
- Loss & grief
- Anxiety & Depression
Some families with children 0 – 17 years old can access our service free of charge, whilst others pay a negotiable fee, depending on personal circumstances.
Self-referrals are welcomed. We also accept referrals from health professionals and medical practitioners.
To confidentially speak with a counsellor, please contact us on 9555 9910 or 9555 6560. If we are unavailable when you call, please leave a message and one of our counsellors will return your call when next available.
Tuning in to Kids™ Parenting Program
A six session parenting program for parents of children aged 3 to 10 years old.
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your child?
- be better at understanding your child?
- help your child learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your child?
- teach your child to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Kids teaches you how to help your child develop emotional intelligence.
Children with higher emotional intelligence:
- have greater success with making and keeping friends
- have better concentration at school
- are more able to calm down when upset or angry
- tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!Download Our Tuning in to Kids™ Brochure